[samba] prefix missing in subject

Robert Styma stymar at agcs.com
Wed Jan 23 09:42:03 GMT 2002

An additional issue arises if manually making sure samba
was in the subject title.  (I am not venturing an opinion on
whether the samba in the subject this is good or bad.)

This issue is: "What is to be done when samba is not in subject?"
Would the group flame every newbie who has a question and no
clue that they should be putting samba in the mail subject?
I think that flaming newbies would be counterproductive.
Without some enforcement, the manual method would just not
happen.

If an automatic method was chosen, using a [samba] suffix instead
of a prefix would resolve some of the arguments.  I am unsure
whether the list server is capable of such a function, so the
suffix method may or may not be feasible.

--
Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer
Email: stymar at agcs.com