Problems with logs in samba 2.2.2: help me please!

Juer Lee Juer.Lee at raidtec.ie
Wed Jan 23 07:22:16 GMT 2002

Hi Guys,

When you upgrade your samba and if you running under Domain Modes, be
careful ...
My experience is:
When I was using Samba 2.0.7, the file MACHINE.SID, secrets.tdb and
smbpasswd were saved in directory /usr/local/samba/private -- it is
decided your option when compiling.
When I am using Samba 2.2.2, I use /usr/priate directory, I met the same
problem as yours ( Luiz Alfredo ...), after I copy those files to new
folder, it works.
I am not sure whether it works for you, just try it :)

Juer