W2k into Samba PDC

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 04:24:06 GMT 2002

> "The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's
> computer account in its primary domain is missing or the password on
> that account is incorrect."

I had this problem (just the bit above) and got nowhere when asking the list!  I am
using SAMBA 2.2.2 on a Silicon Graphics System and built it from the source
downloaded from one of the mirror sites. When I saw that Silicon Graphics had just
put up a new copy on there freeware site, (i.e. pre-compiled) I picked that up and
installed that instead.  That worked!

Someone not on the samba list suggested that there are differences between what you
get from the 2.2.2 download and what you get if you use CSV to extract 2.2.2!

This might not help you much, but it looks as if there are problems in this area
which are dependent on eithe how ./configure decides to build SAMBA or on your use
of CSV.

Phil.