Samba and printing ports

Josep Llaurado JLlaurado at gaiasa.es
Wed Jan 23 00:16:11 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have two print servers, and I have serious problems trying to set the
default preferences and the device cofiguration (Number of trays,
etc...).
Otherwise, I have one printer in one of these print servers that have
another configuration (I can't remember how could I do it), and the
preferences and device config runs well and I can modify it.

The good config shows:

	Ports: \\printserver\printer, LAN Manager printing port
	Advanced: Print processor -> Lexmark PCL Print Processor

The bad config shows:

	Ports: samba
	Advanced: Print processor -> Winprint

The problem here is that winprint processor can't understand the lexmark
preferences and config, but I don't know how can I create a new print
processor or change the port, 'cos are both disableds.

TIA.