Gethostbyaddr failed...

Anthony aslan at ispdr.net.au
Tue Jan 22 22:53:02 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I've had a problem with a Samba 2.0.10 installation on Slackware (Kernel
2.2.16) for a couple of months now, and it's really starting to bug me. In
the log file, I get the message, "Gethostbyaddr failed for 192.168.0.11".
named is set up and working correctly for the OS, I have an lmhosts file
set up, and when I use nmblookup it can only seem to find the workstation
by way of a broadcast. If anyone out there has any suggestions whatsoever,
I'll be very happy to hear from you! Thanx in advance to anyone who can
help me out.

Anthony.