PDC switch

Dan Hough dhough at ou.edu
Tue Jan 22 15:27:14 GMT 2002

We have been using an machine running RedHat Linux 7.0 and Samba 2.2.0
as our PDC  for a network of Windows 9x and NT machines.  The hard drive
on the machine has gone flaky, so we have moved the the smb.conf,
smbpasswd and MACHINE.SID files to a machine running Solaris 8 and Samba
2.2.2.  We created the user and machine accounts in the /etc/passwd file
on the Solaris machine.

The Windows 9x machines are able to login fine to the domain controller.
 However, the NT machines cannot find the PDC.  I have tried removing an
NT machine from the domain, delete and then re-enter the machine in the
smbpasswd file, and then trying to rejoin the domain, but have had no luck.

Anyone else have any experience replacing PDC's using Samba?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Dan Hough                           e-mail:  dhough at ou.edu