smbmount and distant automount problem

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jan 22 13:13:46 GMT 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Jean Frontin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Under samba 2.2.2, linux 2.4.9-12 (tetram hostname)
> I wish to mount a distant automounted directory (my home)
> here is the message I obtain :

What exactly is a "distant automounted directory"?

> smbmount //sphax/users /home/paulin/deSamba/SPHAX/Users/
> Unknown parameter encountered: "ssl CA certFile"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "ssl CA certFile"
> Could not resolve mount point /home/paulin/deSamba/SPHAX/Users/

What filesystem is "Users" on?

Could you describe your filesystem layout in a bit more detail?

It could be something with an fs not understanding what to do when someone
tries to mount something in it (smbfs would be a likely culprit). But it
could also be something strange with the automounter ...

/Urban