smbmount doesn't work

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jan 22 13:06:24 GMT 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, ricky wrote:

> Dear team,
>
> I have suceed for setup our samba server to be a member server of our
> NT domain server.
>
> I try to mount with command smbmount folder of our fileserver (under
> NT domain, with OS NT 4.0). I succeed to mount first sharing to our
> local samba folder, But I got problem when I try to mount the second
> sharing why this happen otherwise I already sharing with the
> permission of samba users

I am having some difficulty understanding your english.

Sometimes you need to specify the workgroup parameter, in addition to
username and password (so the NT box knows which domain to use when
looking for a matching user). I don't really know when you must do that,
though.

The obvious thing is to verify that you are using a username and password
that exists in the windows world.

/Urban