Invalid username/password

Nieder Wolfgang Nieder_W at lippische.de
Tue Jan 22 09:13:03 GMT 2002

Hi everybody,

we're using samba 2.0.7 on HP-UX 11.0, "security = DOMAIN" with
an NT 4.0-Server as PDC. To limit the number of Unix-Users we
use username.map.
One of the users got a new PC and now the error message reads
"Invalid username/password" for every share she is allowed to
use. Logging on with her account on another PC doesn't work either.
All other users can connect to their shares.
smbclient -L server -U user%password on the Unix-Box returns 0.
Creating another NT-User and adding it to the list of users
on the right side of an username.map entry works fine, too.

Maybe I haven't read an important section of the manuals ...

Any hints

Wolfgang