Samba 2.2.2 printing: uploading drivers ok, ERROR when trying to hit ok. NOT APW

Bryan Fetzer bryan2424 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 06:50:00 GMT 2002

Let me start off by saying I have been looking for the
solution to this problem for 3-4 weeks now and have
gained no ground. I have a better understanding of the
new printing features, but cannot solve this problem.
I have created a Unix printer on Linux Mandrake 8.1. I
then created a Samba printer..... So I'm not trying to
use the Add Printer Wizard, I am simply trying to
upload drivers (which is working) and set them for the
printer (which is not working). I am using the default
location for the print$ share
(/var/lib/samba/printers). Here's what happens, I
upload the driver for an already setup printer and
everything looks like it's going to work I hit
apply/ok and get the following error in Windows 2000
"Printer settings could not be saved. Access is
denied."

What am I being denied access to? I can read/write to
the print$ share if I browse to it using
\\-servername-\print$.
I can see that the printer drivers are uploaded
because when I browse to \\-servername-\print$ the
drivers are there. I have done a chmod 777 all over
the place because at this point I dont' care about
security I just wanna see the thing work. I have also
tried setting the drivers from an NT4 box to no avail.
Please understand that this is the first time I have
ever posted to any Samba list. I have ALWAYS been able
to find my answers through simple digging, however, I
am stuck this time and cannot find a way out. Please
help.....
Bryan