Basic browsing problem

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Mon Jan 21 12:55:06 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 11:48, Praise wrote:
> There is a way to statically say to a Win98 machine who is the master browser?

This I don't know.

> There is a way to disable a Win98 to try to get a master browser? This might
> be not useful, as my Samba Server level is 64 but I want to try....

In win95 it's under "File and printer sharing for Miscrosoft network" in
the Network control panel.  There are two parameters named "Master
Browser" and "LM announce" which can be turned off to prevent becoming
the (local?) master browser.  I suppose this to be the same under win98.

But like you already said I don't think this is the cause of your
problem since your samba server has an os level high enough to guarantee
a winning of the master browser election.  But you can give it a shot...

Kohei