Basic browsing problem

Praise praisetazio at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jan 21 08:53:04 GMT 2002

Hi all

I have a basic problem in my very little LAN. I simply cant browse from
Windows. They are all Win98 SE machines and they do not reconize my samba
server (which is a PDC and it is working nicely, and it is also a wins, and
Wins.dat looks ok) as master browser. I see from the logs that that PC IS the
master browser.

There is a way to statically say to a Win98 machine who is the master browser?
There is a way to disable a Win98 to try to get a master browser? This might
be not useful, as my Samba Server level is 64 but I want to try....

My logs are not saying anything not interesting, so I wont post them here.
Now I am increasing the logging level so I will control again.

Moreover, I can browse from Linux (with LinNeighbourhood).
My LAN has got only 4 PC, and no subnets.

Praise