Compiler missing? $PATH wrong?

Bo Larses bo at landskapslaget.se
Mon Jan 21 07:34:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
I tried to replace my crashed samba 2.0.6 with samba-2.2.2, but I didn´t get very far:

[root at linux_server source]# ./configure --with-smbmount
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

The compiler seems to be missing or the path is wrong. Where should I look for a compiler and how do I change $PATH if I find one? Or how do I get a compiler working on my system (LinuxPPC). I tried to install gcc-3.0.1-0.ppc.rpm but it required other files which I didn´t have.

What should I do?
/B