Is it a bug?

Abner Doom sethiel666 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 02:29:03 GMT 2002

Hi all

I´m installing in a Solaris 7 box the samba 2.2.2. My stations can make
login, but in the log file has strange messages. Is it a bug? I couldn´t
find anything about it in the docs... :-(

yield_connection: tdb_delete for name  failed with error Record does not
exist.
api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN
ERROR: string overflow by 1 in safe_strcpy [usr_tst1]
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain
DOMAIN
ERROR: string overflow by 1 in safe_strcpy [usr_tst2]
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

===================

The problem is that with this log, I can´t know who has used the system.
It´s very important to the internal security. Can you help me????????
My smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = PUCRS05
        netbios name = SR30INF01
        server string = Server
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd program = /bin/passwd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        max log size = 50000
        timestamp logs = No
        large readwrite = Yes
        time server = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 122 -s
/bin/false %u
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
        logon script = script.bat
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
        logon drive = h:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 34
        domain master = True
        wins server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        utmp = Yes
        host msdfs = Yes
        winbind uid = 50000-60000
        winbind gid = 50000-60000
        create mask = 0755
        hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Best regards