Viewing *.hpgl files from a unix Host via a mapped drive on Windows 2000

William Joehlin wiljoe123 at email.msn.com
Sat Jan 19 09:53:11 GMT 2002

I am Cad administrator and am interested in Samba but not sure if it will work for my purposes.
     I have HP-UX server (host) where the Cad (*.hpgl) files reside.  Our document control administrator typically would view these files from her windows 95 client (windows Explorer) via NFS Maestro.  Since the administrator is bumping the O.S. to Windows 2000 I can not use Hummingbird NFS Maestro unless the department forks up some money.  Will Samba work for this objective or ???

Any help to a green Samba prospective is greatly appreciated.
Bill J
designerbill at yahoo.com
wiljoe123 at msn.com