Samba as a member server in W2k

Stan S. sgs9198 at attbi.com
Fri Jan 18 16:58:04 GMT 2002

Good evening,
I am having some difficulties adding a samba 2.2.2 server onto a W2K domain.

We have a very large W2k  :( setup with many OU's, operational units is what the windows guys call them. They claim to have created a machine account for the samba box but I always get a message that "unable to change trust account password" unable to join the domain. The command that I use is: smbpasswd -j domainname -r domaincontroller -U myusername
I am then prompted for a password and that is when the message occurs.

Do any of you samba masters have any ideas?

Best regards
Stan