Using Samba on HP-UX and Windows 2000

bill.joehlin at trw.com bill.joehlin at trw.com
Fri Jan 18 15:25:02 GMT 2002

I am not sure if Samba will work for our purposes.  I have a server w/
CAD files need to be accessible to a Windows 2000 system (in windows
explorer) for registration.The server is HP-UX 10.20 and previously were
maded available to Windows 95 via NFS (Hummingbird, NFS Maestro) and the
registering administrator would map a drive in Windows Explorer and drop
and drag the files from the NFS Host.

Will Samba work and allow the user a convenient way to assimilate what
she had previously been accomplishing.

Any help is greatly appreciated since I have never used Samba before but
have heard many things about it.

Bill Joehlin
System Admin
designerbill at yahoo.com