off topic x-server-client question

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Fri Jan 18 14:12:04 GMT 2002

I believe there is an open-source server, however, I have heard mixed reviews of them.

I believe your best solution would be VNC.  It is a cross-platform remote control program, tunnelable over ssh or gzip if you need it, and there is a high compression version called tightvnc.

VNC is an Oracle+Olivetti Research Labs (ORL) product, available at www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

TightVNC is available at www.tightvnc.com/

They are both opensource.