lpd problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jan 18 11:18:26 GMT 2002

This is a way complicated smb.conf.
Did you write this yourself?
The printing = lpr seems strange. Do you really mean printing = lprng?
Taking all those short cuts with the printer section might not be a good
idea.
Why not make a section just for your printer, sorta like this:

You can use a simple print command like:
print command = /usr/bin/lpr -Plp %s;rm %s

Joel

[lp]
	comment = Raw Printer for Z53
#	max print jobs = 1
	path = /tmp
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = lprng
 	print command = echo %J %p %s  >>  /tmp/junkJ;\
	               echo This is truncated $a >> /tmp/junkJ;\
                       /usr/bin/lpr -Plp  -J"$a"  %s;\
                       rm %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Plp
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Plp %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold -Plp %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release -Plp %j
	printer name = lp