lpd problem

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 10:16:38 GMT 2002

I tried this but the problem remained.
Here's my smb.conf and printcap files.
I'm using a lowly 9-pin dot matrix printer.

smb.conf:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from wpkgate.kc.com.my (202.184.173.241)
# Date: 1999/01/30 22:26:31

[global]
	valid users =
ftp,guest,lp,nobody,pcguest,root,sr2000, at nogroup, at nobody, at root, at lp, at ftp
	write list =
ftp,guest,lp,nobody,pcguest,root,sr2000, at nogroup, at nobody, at root, at lp, at ftp
	domain logons = no
	server string = SR3000 Machine
	getwd cache = yes
	workgroup = DIGIPH
	logon script = %U.bat
	smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
	netbios name = SR3000
	smbrun = /usr/bin/smbrun
	null passwords = yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	max log size = 50
	printer = lp
	default = printers
	dns proxy = no
	password level = 0
	encrypt passwords = no
	max disk size = 1000
	print command = lpr -r -h -P%p %s
	printing = lpr
	path = /var/spool/lpd
	read prediction = yes
	update encrypted = yes
	comment = Samba Printer on SR3000
	unix password sync = yes
	guest account = guest
	socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE SO_REUSEADDR
SO_BROADCAST TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
	netbios aliases = SR3000
	load printers = yes
	user name level = 0
	security = user
	user name map = /etc/smbusers
	lock directory = /var/lock/samba
	user =
ftp,guest,lp,nobody,pcguest,root,sr2000, at nogroup, at nobody, at root, at lp, at ftp

[printers]
	create mask = 0777
	printable = yes
	only user = no
	guest ok = yes
	comment = All Printers
	browseable = no
	guest only = no
	user = /etc/smbusers
	public = yes
	writeable = yes
printcap file:

lp|9-Pin Dot-Matrix
Printer:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/lp-err:af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/lp-acct:df=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:tf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:sh:sf:

My printcap file is just a single line file.

--- Andre Klocke <andre.klocke at stb-datenservice.de>