PDC & Samba File Server

Marco Zaino zaino at mfn.unipmn.it
Fri Jan 18 09:05:13 GMT 2002

I have four file server that share users home directory in NFS under
Solaris 8. In laboratory there are a lot of Solaris machine and Windows
2000 SP2. All the users profiles actually are loaded from an only samba
server as "security = domain". So I need to install four samba file server
and an authentication server (this last actually already installed).
All the Win2K workstation are in same samba domain.

I've searched a lot but I haven't found a step-to-step to do this.

I tried to put a "logon path = \\fileserver1\%U\.profile.%a" in global
section and it run but I need to specify also other three file server
whith a hundred of users for server.

Is necessary to use the "nis homedir" and "homedir map"? If yes how can I
use these?

Thank's a lot, Zaino Marco.

--
Zaino Marco
Universita' degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale "A. Avogadro"
e-mail: zaino at mfn.unipmn.it