Samba doesn't like dynamic ip addresses.

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jan 18 05:46:03 GMT 2002

Do you have two nics or one?  Seems like your win machines would not
care about your external interface, unless that's what you connect
through.  Are you on the same side of the ISP as the samba server?
Or, are you in a remote location trying to connect over the ISP to
the samba server?

It sounds like you are "inside" but telling your win boxes to go outside
your network to connect through the eth interface to your ISP...

Paul

>>> Kjetil Tjensvold <feb2000info at yahoo.no> 01/18/02 08:17AM >>>
Hi.
I have a linux box connected to the isp through a adsl
modem.I receive an dynamically ip address from the
isp.
I have also 2 win boxes connected to the linux box
which run samba.But no matter what I try I cant see
the linuxbox from the win machines unless I have given
the ip address obtained from the isp in
host,host.allow and lmhosts.So I just wonder if samba
can't deal with dynamic ip addresses at all.