Help

Eddie Keeney eddie.keeney at it.glasgow.gov.uk
Fri Jan 18 04:01:09 GMT 2002

     hi,

     new user here. I have just intalled samba on a SunOS 5.6
     Generic_105181-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1 and the following was
     displayed during the make stage

     lib/system.c: In function `sys_readdir':
     lib/system.c:234: warning: return from incompatible pointer type

     nsswitch/winbindd_pam.c:30: warning: static declaration for
     `parse_domain_user'
     follows non-static
     Compiling nsswitch/winbindd_sid.c
     Compiling nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c
     nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:35: warning: static declaration for
     `trust_keystr' fol
     ows non-static
     Linking bin/winbindd
     Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss.c with -fpic

     Samba seems to have installed ok but can anyone let me know if this
     is a problem?

     Also when I run smbclient -U% -L <localhost> these fields are empy:

      Server               Comment
      ---------            -------

      Workgroup            Master
      ---------            -------

     On my development machine they show :

      Server               Comment
      ---------            -------
      ORDEV2               Samba 2.2.2

      Workgroup            Master
      ---------            -------
      SIMPLE               ORDEV2

     I don't know of doing anything differently in the 2nd install could
     someone tell me where the Server Comment Workgroup and Master info
     is picked up from.

     regards,

     Eddie.

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.