can't get samba on solaris 8 box to join win2k domain

Lightfoot.Michael Lightfoot.Michael at comcare.gov.au
Thu Jan 17 20:34:02 GMT 2002

> I only subscribed -one- minute ago, so no.
> After recieving your email, I skipped to the list archive and
> looked it
> up, though, and it doesn't look like it's relevant to
> whatever my problem
> is.

Maybe not, but your symptom is precisely what I was seeing until we removed
the samba machine from the domain and then re-added it.

Are you using samba 2.2.2 (the latest stable) or another version?

What OS and version are you using?

Is it precompiled or did you compile it yourself?

What is in your private directory (where the secrets file should be
created?)

Was the samba machine added as a "Windows NT Workstatsion or server"?

Is the PDC Win2k or NT4 and what about the other DC's (relevant to running
Win2k in native or mixed mode?)

BTW, I tedn't no expert in this - just got enough help from other to fix my
problem and learned a great deal during the panic.  :-)

Michael Lightfoot
SysIX Unix Systems Consulting
61 2 6258 8185
michael.lightfoot at canb.auug.org.au