can't get samba on solaris 8 box to join win2k domain

James Neal jrand at ece.pdx.edu
Thu Jan 17 20:19:05 GMT 2002

> Amazingly, I was just discussing this very thing two minutes ago!
>
> Did you see my message posted yesterday outlining this very problem and how
> I solved it?

I only subscribed -one- minute ago, so no.
After recieving your email, I skipped to the list archive and looked it
up, though, and it doesn't look like it's relevant to whatever my problem
is.

> 1.  you haven't followed the instructions at:
>
> http://samba.mirror.aarnet.edu.au/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#DOM
> AIN-SECURITY
>
> (particularly the first paragraph.)

Ah, but we have.

> 2.  you have upgraded Samba from an older version and need to re-add the
> server to the domain as outlined in my message (subsequently I have decided
> that removing it may not be necessary, but you certainly have to explicitly
> add it.)

Although we do already have an early version samba server, it is connected
to a different domain. There are as yet no samba servers on the domain to
which we are trying to add this one. And at any rate, according to the
Windows sysadmin working with me on this he's added and removed the samba
server from the win2k domain more than once now.

+---- James Neal, System and Network Administrator   ----+
+---- CECS Computing Support   	support at cat.pdx.edu  ----+