mksmbpasswd.sh

Nat Mendiola Jr nmendiola at west.raytheon.com
Thu Jan 17 11:25:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

This is my first time requesting help.... here it goes!

I have installed and configured Samba 2.0.7, it works great the users like
it, they are able to cut and paste, read/write all works well!

My problem is with the password, I am able to change a users password with
smbpasswd username. I would like to sync the /etc/passwd and the smbpasswd,
I have the procedures and have been following them I cannot seem to find
the script called "mksmbpasswd.sh" I find the mknissmbpasswd.sh for NIS+
but no mksmbpasswd for  NIS.

If I use the mknispasswd I get errors Not able to find "nistbladm error on
line 21"

Currently I am running IBM AIX 4.2.1 running NIS/NFS and Samba 2.0.7.

Would someone please send me a copy of mksmbpasswd.sh hopefully this will
solve my problem.

TIA

Nat Mendiola
714-446-2623