smbmount problem in Linux with another Linux box

Gustavo Courault courault at gigared.com
Thu Jan 17 09:59:17 GMT 2002

Hi:
I have a strange problem: a LAN with a server with Samba over Linux Mandrake
8.1 distro, 7 Linux box as workstations and 3 Windows box as clients: 2
Windows 98 Se and one Windows XP Home Edition.

The Windows and Linux machines connects (mount the shared resources)  with
Samba 2.2.1a server very well without problem until YESTERDAY.

TODAY in the Linux boxes I can connect with the Samba server with:

$ smbclient //central/public

but when I want mount the shared resources:

smbmount //central/public /mnt/samba -o username=user_name%password

I have the follow message SOMETIMES:

2183: session setup failed: code 0
SMB connection failed

Another times,  I can mount the shared resources without problems.

The Windows boxes allways works well, without problems

I made the test in serveral Linux boxes and I have similar results in each
one with both: smbclient and smbmount.

I dont know the way or where I must make the tests, because all the test in
diagnost.txt works fine and I dont know what is the cause of my problem.

Thank you for any kind of help.

--
Gustavo Courault
e-mail: courault at gigared.com