Users get network timeout errors

James Simons jsimons at ntinet.com
Thu Jan 17 08:00:05 GMT 2002

Ken,

Thank you for your response.  I have managed to get one computer
authenticated through samba so far...I read in the archives where some
people had experienced a similar problem that they could eventually get
in after repeatedly trying the connection.  It worked after about 30
minutes of clicking and waiting on one computer.  All others are still
timing out

I don't have a WINS server in place at the moment...thought it would be
overkill for the 15 or so users that I have.  Would you suggest that I
add one?

I am not very familiar with xinetd how would I go about checking to see
what it is blocking?

Thank you very much,
James Simons