trap between PANIC: internal error & not yet implented

Diego Mezzera dmezzera at adinet.com.uy
Thu Jan 17 06:12:02 GMT 2002

Hello folks,

I am a very recent member of this user-list,
congratulations to all of you for your valuable
contributions.

I wonder if someone can give me a hand with some problems
I'm going thru. First things first: I'm setting up a samba
PDC 2.2.2 running on RedHat 7.2 (out-of-the-box) with NT
4.0 SP 6 clients. Login autentication, login scripts,
shares, password sync, netbios messages, home shares are
working fine.

However I'm having some problems I have not been able to
sort out yet:

1. The net users 'username' /domain command reports the
users created in linux and smbpasswd belonging to groups
with names like *unix_group.2147483404. I was expecting
MYDOMAIN\Admin User, MYDOMAIN\Domain User or the real linux
group they belong to. Comments are welcome.

2. Trying to add a user to a group with the User Manager
for Domains of M$ an error is appended to the machine's log:
lib/fault.c:fault_report(41)
INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 1290 (2.2.2)
The User Manager is for readonly or is there any miss-
configuration on my side?

3. Log messages like  'rpc_server/srv_samr_nt: _samr_query_asliasmem(2613)
Not yet implemented' in a production instalation should keep me up at night?

4. Has anyone been able to set policies, via the
poledit.exe for domain users, no user by user?

I am relatively new to samba, so these questions may be a
bit silly, forgive me if that is the case. I will post my
smb.conf if needed.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.
Regards,
Diego Mezzera