Question regarding accessing Samba / please respond

Martin Rusko rusko at kam.vm.stuba.sk
Thu Jan 17 03:37:04 GMT 2002

Well, first of all, if I would try to get working your setup, I would try some
simple config. So no security = domain and so on...

Try security = user, make sure, that your user is available in unix password
database (/etc/password, /etc/shadow... whatever you have), make
smbpasswd file and add your user into that file by "smbpasswd -a
user_name". Then make sure, that your guest account is working (in your
case it is "www"). Write me again, if this setup is working for you.

One thing else, is it possible for you, to upgrade to some newer version of
samba? Could you attach your log files next tima also, and NOT with .doc
extension please? ;-))

    Have a nice day...

                     mARTin

--