Speeding up file tranfer

Gustavo Courault cuchapo at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 14:25:02 GMT 2002

Hi Ivan:
I think if you perform a "cp" command in the linux server, always is more
quick if you perform a "DOS copy" across the net.
Because across the net you transfer the data to the client PC and then again,
from the client to the server.

Perhaps if you have a LAN at very powerfull you can compare the two speeds.

Regards