Question regarding accessing Samba / please respond

Conlan Adams conlan.adams at countryfresh.com
Wed Jan 16 13:43:05 GMT 2002

two questions for you

what version of samba

what is the other user connecting from.  your connecting from a windows 2000
server he is connecting from...

an easy way to get a basic connection is to change the smb.conf line of
security = "somesetting" to security = share

also make sure the path you are trying to share has correct permissions on
the unix side.

-Conlan
       Adams