ls problem with Winbind files?

Mark Cooke mark at mmebs.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:44:42 GMT 2002

>Ive sucessfully managed to get Winbind to authenticicate from our NT PDC
>to work as expected :-)

But the only problem I get is when listing the file/directory owner and
group names, it seems to cut off most off the characters,
thus only showing up to 8 characters. (From what I know this may be only
down to the 'ls' command).

ie.:

-rw-r--r--    1 MMEBS+ma MMEBS+Do        4 Jan 16 17:54 test

what I really want, is it to show the complete name, ie:

-rw-r--r--    1 MMEBS+mark MMEBS+Domain Winbind        4 Jan 16 17:54 test.

I can get it to print out the id's in numeric form, which is great, but I
only wanted it to show users full names.

Is this possible or is it as I mentioned a ls problem,
if so could anyone point me in the correct direction or how I could get
around it, to do what I want

Regards

Mark

-----