Samba issue

Mark.Williams Mark.Williams at centrom.com
Wed Jan 16 08:23:13 GMT 2002

I have an issue with Samba version 2.2.2 installed on Tru64Unix version
5.1a.  The samba environment was created to allow file sharing between this
and Windows 2000.

I have 11 Windows servers that make connections to this samba environment
and they are all configured identically bar one with is my DC for the
Windows 2000 Active Directory.  All unix authentication is taking place on
the Windows 2000 DC as signle server sign on has been implemented for the
Unix and Windows environment.

My problem is that 5 of the Windows servers do not seem able to map to the
samba environment.  They can see the environment but are unable to use it as
it keeps prompting for a username and password.