samba + win xp pro?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 16 04:54:02 GMT 2002

I just went through this last night...

Do you have encrypted passwords?
What is the results of a net view command from the
command line of the XP Pro box?
What is the result if you do a net view //servername?
Result if you do a net view //servername/share?

I had some strange problems, but looking through the
archives pointed me to the fact that, even though my
smbpasswd file was supposed to be in one location,
samba was looking for it in another...

Paul

>>> "Fredric Holmstrom" <Fredric.Holmstrom at medborgarskolan.se> 01/16/02 07:42 AM >>>
Hi!

My problem: Win XP Pro refuses to make a domain-logon to my RedHat 7.2
linux-server... It workes w/ Win ME and earlier versions, though...?
The RedHat machine runs samba-2.2.1a-4

Can anyone help me?