Weird Windows Messenger and Samba Domain problem

Rob Secombe robseco at teksupport.net.au
Wed Jan 16 04:29:04 GMT 2002

Hi Alessandro,

Sorry, I can't be of assistance to you as you are further down the track
than I am, but you may be able to help me out.

I can't even get Win XP clients to join a domain, I must be missing
something. I have done the registry hack, and tried manually and using an
add user script to create trust accounts to no avail. Would it be possible
for you email me a sanitised copy of your smb.conf file and let me know how
you went about setting up trust accounts and joining the domain with XP.

Thanks

Rob Secombe
Melbourne Australia