Samba and Out Of Connection Structures from Terminal Servers (was on Solaris)

richard van beers beers at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 16 01:04:09 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 18:53, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I think we've fixed all the large scale Solaris bugs in the current
> Samba SAMBA_2_2 CVS tree (the code that will become 2.2.3). If you're
> having trouble on large Solaris servers I strongly suggest you move
> to the current CVS until the 2.2.3 final release.
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy,

as it looks now we were bitten by MAX_CONNECTIONS (see below) as we use samba
from Citrix Terminal Servers. Will this issue be addressed in 2.2.3? or need
we still patch this value? After this patch we are now running stable it
seems.

TIA Richard

Apart from the file_decriptor problem, everything has always worked
flawlessly, and in fact we think we have found a patch to be applied to fix
our problem too.
MAX_CONNECTIONS in source/smbd/conn.c to 512 instead of default 128 (which is
per deamon, which are shared because we use terminal server; 40/50 ppl login
from the same machine.