samba printing broken on debian help pls :)

thing thing at thing.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 15 22:14:04 GMT 2002

After trying to print on samba 2.0.7 without success ive upgarded to
2.2.2-2 with a brand new smb.conf, I still cannot print.

echo hello > \\kascha\lp_text

works fine

linux printing works fine

I connot print a test page or a word.doc

The only major difference is a complete fresh re-install of debain
potato but using kernel 2.4.17 instead of 2.4.9

Is there a kernel parameter samba needs?

both kernels were home compiled but i cant see any differences

so im beat

what do ppl suggest ?

install NT 4 server and use that as a print server?

samba certainly wont work..............

regards

Thing