NT username with exclamation point

Jason Holland jholland at cs.selu.edu
Tue Jan 15 14:39:09 GMT 2002

hello all,
  i recently installed samba 2.2.2 on a solaris 8 x86 box, and joined it
to a windows nt 4 domain.  sharing works great for normal nt id's
authenticated correctly.  however, when i try and use my bang account
(!camillo), authentication doesnt' work.  i have tried a username map,
that didn't help.  according to the samba logs, the nt id is coming across
as _camillo, then when it passes that off to the nt pdc for
authentication, it fails saying nt authentication failed, username not
found.  any ideas on how i can fix this?  or suggestions?  we have quite a
few bang id's and need to find a way for this to work, if possible. thanks
for the help!

Jason Holland