Samba and Out Of Connection Structures on Solaris (again)

richard van beers beers at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 15 03:23:11 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 12:52, Gunther Hess wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>            while i am our local samba guru, i consider myself
> not a real one, so sorry somehow this rather a request for
> help/information than some aid to you.
>
> - I tried running a Samba 2.2.2 configured as PDC on an E220
>   with Solaris 8. (Samba from ftp-site, compiler gcc)
>
> - It failed badly, when the number of Users/Clients exceeded 200.

Hi,

while we have none of your performance issues (yet), here is our setup:

4 Win NT Terminal Services  + Citrix servers Compaq DL360 dualprocs, serving
about 40/50 people average per server.
samba 2.2.2 running from Solaris 8

Apart from the file_decriptor problem, everything has always worked
flawlessly, and in fact we think we have found a patch to be applied to fix
our problem too.
MAX_CONNECTIONS in source/smbd/conn.c to 512 instead of default 128 (which is
per deamon, which are shared because we use terminal server; 40/50 ppl login
from the same machine.

HTH Richard