Samba Network Browsing after Windows Upgrade

josh at trutwins.homeip.net josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Mon Jan 14 15:43:12 GMT 2002

> Well, Mulder is showing up as a local master browser (the <1d> entry),
> so that means it is not seeing Scully as the browse master. My guess
> would be that you have NetBUI or IPX enabled on that machine.

Good catch.  I do not have the machine in front of me, but the Network
Properties have a few extra entries for the infrared port, I could not
remove these without Windows recognizing them and reinstalling them.
Eventually I said screw it and figured life would be ok regardless.  My
guess is something there is causing this.  I will investigate and reply
with more info when I get home.

Off Topic, how's life at SGI?  Only thing that keeps me sane is my 24 inch
monitor!

Cheers,

Josh