LDAP and encryption

Jon L.Gardner jon at food.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 14 15:32:04 GMT 2002

Pop quiz:

If I configure using the "--with-ldapsam" option, and have "encrypt
passwords = Yes" in smb.conf, does Samba still maintain a separate set
of passwords in smbpasswd, or does it authenticate from the LDAP server?

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:jon at food.tamu.edu>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>

"[The Bible] is worth all the books that ever were printed, and it has
been my misfortune that I have never found time to read it with the
proper attention and feeling till lately. I trust in the mercy of Heaven
that it is not yet too late." (Patrick Henry)