Help: Question regarding accessing Samba

Gourgy, Mona Mona.Gourgy at stelco.ca
Mon Jan 14 14:34:29 GMT 2002

Hi,

Hptest is our Unix box test server name.  I believe that the samba server
files should be in a directory called hptest and that's why I am trying to
connect to hptest.  In Network Neighborhood there is actually a directory
called hptest, but when I try to open it, I get the error message:  The
remote procedure call failed and did not execute.  Attached is the smb.conf
file.  I started testing the steps discussed in the Fault Tree section.
Everything looks okay so far.  Please let me know if you have additional
help based on my smb.conf file.  Thanks for your time and help.

Mona Gourgy
Information Systems
Stelco Inc.
Phone:  (905) 528-2511 ext. 4133