Samba 2.2.2 and Long Directory Names in DOS

dan at willett.net dan at willett.net
Mon Jan 14 13:22:21 GMT 2002

I recently upgraded my server from a 2.0.x installation
of Samba to 2.2.2, and now Samba is no longer mangling
long directory names, it is still mangling long file
names correctly, but not long directory names.

When I do a directory with a program that doesn't
support long file/directory names, the directories with
long names just don't show up at all.

This was not a problem with the older versions of
Samba.  Why did this break, and how can it be fixed?
Does anybody know?

Thanks,
Dan Willett