mounting disk with spaces in its name

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Mon Jan 14 12:33:04 GMT 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Vivek Malik wrote:

> hi,
>
> i wanna mount a disk with spaces in its name using automount
>
> "smbmount  //server/"Shared Folder" mount-point" work fine
>
> but the following line in autofs config file doesnt do the job for me
>
> shared 		-fstype=smbfs,guest		//server/"Shared Folder"
> neither this line
> shared 		-fstype=smbfs,guest		//server/shared folder
>
> How can i mount this using autofs ....

It's a known problem with (linux) autofs. AFAIK there are no escape
sequences that work with the autofs maps. I believe that they can be fixed
without too much effort, but you may want to check that on the autofs
mailinglist.
(and be sure to tell them the version number of autofs)

I guess most people use nfs with autofs, and unix people tend not to name
things "with space" ... :)

/Urban