Enabling SWAT

Jon L.Gardner jon at food.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 14 10:53:37 GMT 2002

That allows clients to change their passwords from a Windows client, and
have the UNIX password updated automatically. I need it to go the other
way...when the UNIX password is changed, the smbpasswd entry is
automatically updated.

On Monday, January 14, 2002, at 08:19 AM, Gaurang Pandya wrote:

> This boolean parameter controlls whether Samba attempts to synchronise
> the UNIX password with the SMB password when the encrypted SMB password
> in the smbpasswd file is changed. If this is set to true the 'passwd
> program' program is called *AS ROOT* - to allow the new UNIX password
> to be set without access to the old UNIX password (as the SMB password
> has change code has no access to the old password cleartext, only the
> new). By default this is set to false.

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:jon at food.tamu.edu>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>

"The patriot hates to admit his beloved countrymen have gone trashy
around him, but the honest American patriot today has no choice." (Barry
Farber)