Locking prevents install on Slackware

Wu, Jeffrey jwu at claritasconsulting.com
Mon Jan 14 09:27:29 GMT 2002

Peter:

Thanks for the prompt response.  I trying to load Samba 2.2.2 onto
Zipslack 8, which may be the issue.  The end of the configure (with no
options) output is as follows:
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking whether to build winbind... no, no unix domain socket support
on linux-gnu
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

A grep for "lock" in the full output produces the following:
checking for sigblock... yes
checking for Linux kernel oplocks... no
checking for IRIX kernel oplock type definitions... no
checking for fcntl locking... no
checking for broken (glibc2.1/x86) 64 bit fcntl locking... no
checking for 64 bit fcntl locking... no
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

I have sent the full output to you personally, so as not to generate
spurious list traffic.

Jeffrey