Win98 W2K and Samba PDC

Manfred Heubach heubach at heubach-edv.de
Mon Jan 14 09:24:28 GMT 2002

Hello out there!

I got stuck in a problem. Maybe somebody can give me a hint:

I'm running a really tiny network at a customer. There are 5 Win2K Workstations, 1 Windows 98 PC and one LINUX Samba 2.2.0 acting as a PDC.
Authentication works correctly. Every user can access shares on the Samba or the W2K Hosts. Only the user from the Windows 98 PC cannot access the shares on the W2K Hosts. The shares on the Samba host are accessable without problems.
The Windows 98 machine waits for a timeout and then says something like "user account out of date" (in German: "Benutzerkonto abgelaufen").

Does Windows 98 need a machine account on samba in order to access W2K shares?

Regards
Manfred

--

manfred heubach edv und neue medien
Hindenburgstr. 47

Tel. +49 711 9315824
Fax  +49 711 9315825
www.heubach-edv.de

Informationstechnologie und Telekommunikation für Unternehmen