problems win 95 connection via winbind and M$-PDC to a samba222 share

Ian Scott ian.scott at edm-inc.com
Mon Jan 14 08:03:50 GMT 2002

At , you wrote:
>my problem is the following:
>if the win95 clients are logging on to the PDC and the login script wants
>to mount the NAS device sharing they get a "enter password"-question. Then
>Win98se machines logging on to the same PDC are not getting the
>question...(wondering!)...they are successfully authenticated and
>connected to the NAS.

We have the same problem here - only with Win95 machines.  98, 98SE, NT4,
2000, and XP all work fine.  It happens with both Samba 2.2.2 and 2.2.3pre
CVS running winbind.

It seems that if one waits a while, then the shares on the Samba server can
be accessed.  I turned on more verbose logging over the weekend and I
already have a few of these incidents captured this morning.  I'll let the
list know what I find.

Ian