Configuration help needed for SAMBA !

Avinash R. Choudhary Avinash.R.Choudhary at necoinfotech.com
Mon Jan 14 04:35:05 GMT 2002

Dear Sir,
We have installed Linux-2.4.2(RedHat7.1) and connected it to our server
which is  WinNT 2000 , through LAN.
There are 20 more system of Windows 2000 connected to it.
Now the problem is that from Windows server and also from other Windows
system we can access the LinuxSystem shared folders.
But its not happening other way.. i.e LinuxSystem can't access the local
area network.

When we are clicking the "Local Network" option in KDE (Gui),its giving
error "Could not connect to host localhost" and in the address bar
"lan://localhost/" appears.

Our server name is "neco" IP address-  199.199.199.2.
Domain name is "necoinfotech.com".
Our LinuxSystem name is "necolinux" - 199.199.199.3 .

I am sending you our smb.conf file.We made the neccessary changes what
we get from SAMBA manuals.
Please tell me what neccessary changes more, we have to do there.
Also advice needed where else other than SAMBA, we have to make change,
i.e. in "Network-->Lan Browsing" option.There we  have made the
neccessary changes too, i.e. IP address of our server,check port,.. .And
so like that.

Yours Sincerely,
Avinash Choudhary